Thursday, September 09, 2010

Is it just me or...

I generally hate trashing somebody. I am of the opinion that there are views and opinions and which is why world is an interesting place. I also believe strongly that that is how world exists. Although somehow I am realizing that maybe there are some thoughts that need to be trashed completely. Here are some:
  • Showing emotional appeal to have people buy your product has been taken to an extreme. I mean for God's sake its an ad for popcorn. Why do you need to show puppy love and child angle with some "ta-ti-tu-te"? Its a popcorn. Ultimately, its a FMCG and therefore it will be picked up by a random guy for random reason and all the company has to do it is to keep them on shelves! Have you ever seen ad for Joshi's Chiwda? No! Because its right there and tasty and they need not.
  • I am all for tourism. I am all for preserving the culture. And because it helps a lot of people to earn an honest day's living. But to show people what they already know, doesn't create a large impact. What to do? Show that India is already beautiful. For God's sake we have a billion people, can't you employ and pay people to take care of such things. Better still have Aamir Khan endorse for Citizen watch or something like that.

The list is endless. At times I feel do people really know what advertising is supposed to do? Actually every time I see an ad like that, I feel there is an overpaid MBA sitting there and giving gyaan on whether he wants "share of mind" or "sex appeal" or some such crap..

Ad-ios... I say!!

No comments: