Friday, March 25, 2011

an emotional angle

Emotions are an essential part of being human. We feel good, bad, sad, angry, happy, awesome and so on. Never ever I thought that I would feel something so good, so great, so awesome and yet it does bring a sense of content.

Love may be the most talked about, exploited, marketed and abused word in the world, but as an emotion you cannot beat it. I am away from the family for close to 10 years now. I am away from my home for 4 days now. The pull is so strong at times that whenever I see, or hear anything about "staying away", the heart starts another song. Its like a melody only I can feel.

To quote my favorite ghazal:
"Kahan maykhane ka darwaza ghalib, aur kahan waayiz,
Bas itna jaante hain kal wo jaata tha ke hum nikale"

The levels at which Ghalib sensed love can only be known if you feel that kind of love every second of every hour of every day of your life.

No comments: